Wolverine Hikes

People who know me know that I belong on the Trail. I've thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail (three times, now),the Pacific Crest Trail and the mighty Continental Divide Trail. I've hiked many of the long trails here in Michigan including being the first to hike both the Ironwood Trail and the Great Lake To Lake Trail. In 2017, I hiked the Israel National Trail and the Golan Heights Trail. I was the first to hike the Baja Divide Trail in Mexico but failed miserably to thru-hike the Bruce Trail in Canada. In 2019, I hiked the TEMBR in Ecuador and 1,150 miles of the North Country Trail as it runs through my home state of Michigan.

The purpose of this blog is to keep anyone who is interested informed of my progress and to encourage those who are able to support me in these endeavors.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Almost There!

Hey Everyone! Wolverine here from Stehekin, WA. I'm only 80 miles from the famous Monument 78 at the Canada border - the northern terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. I'm drying out my gear (it's been raining for days) and getting re-supplied for the final push to the finish. I'm hiking with Hee Haw (of course), Scallywag, ED, Typo, City Food, Dancing Feet and Not So Bad. All are well and in good spirits. I've only got a few minutes on this desktop at the community center so I'll sign off and be glad to have gotten this message through. No one has had signal for days and it gets even more remote from here. They have one satellite phone here for emergencies and that's about it. The only way to even get here is to take a boat, fly or hike! Might not be in touch again until Vancouver, BC. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Martha said...

Have been trying to leave a little note on Wolverine's blog, but it will not accept. Please let him know Piper's Mom and Lowell are pulling for him and look forward to hearing when he finishes!

--From Piper's mom

Anonymous said...

Again....hope u got the food I sent. From your big sis...with hugs.

Elizabeth Gosselin said...

Thinking of all of you now as you begin to come to the end of a very long journey! Looking forward to congratulating you and creating some trail magic. Astro's Mom

Martha said...

Hi Pat-
I sent the food you sent in a box to Skykomish.
I told Wolverine that that you had contributed to the box in a text...it might not have gone through.
Thank you for your help! It's very much appreciated.
m

Brian H. said...

Vancouver? Sweet!!! Home stretch!! Make sure you make it back here in two weeks for the Clutch show. I have a ticket for you!

Chris Hillier said...

Hey Pat! I sure did receive, consume and enjoy all the goodness you sent. It fuels my body and helps power me further on up the trail. I love you for takin care of me out there, Sis. Thanks very much.