Wolverine Hikes

People who know me know that I belong on the Trail. I've thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail (three times, now),the Pacific Crest Trail and the mighty Continental Divide Trail. I've hiked many of the long trails here in Michigan including being the first to hike both the Ironwood Trail and the Great Lake To Lake Trail. In 2017, I hiked the Israel National Trail and the Golan Heights Trail. I was the first to hike the Baja Divide Trail in Mexico but failed miserably to thru-hike the Bruce Trail in Canada. In 2019, I hiked the TEMBR in Ecuador and 1,150 miles of the North Country Trail as it runs through my home state of Michigan.

The purpose of this blog is to keep anyone who is interested informed of my progress and to encourage those who are able to support me in these endeavors.

Monday, October 29, 2012

The French Smile


I met a woman in Vancouver, BC who had just completed the King of All Trails, the Continental Divide Trail (CDT) on a mule! She rode one mule and used a second mule to carry all her gear. Amazing! She came all the way from France, trained for a month on using and riding pack stock and then she rode from Mexico to Canada. Check out her blog here . Enjoy the pictures and scroll down a bit to see the English translation.
Not only does she ride horses and mules but she also rented a full-size Harley Davidson Low Rider and rode from San Francisco to Seattle! She is 100% BA! I'm so glad to have met her, to have shared my BC experience with her and to have had a chance to ask her a million questions about the CDT, thus further whetting my appetite to hike that trail. She even gave me her memory cards that have all the maps on them for a GPS system. I thank her kindly for that.
Her name is Krystele Marie Bodet but they call her 'The French Smile' on the trail.

Krystele and me in Vancouver, BC