Wolverine Hikes

People who know me know that I belong on the Trail. I've thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail (three times, now),the Pacific Crest Trail and the mighty Continental Divide Trail. I've hiked many of the long trails here in Michigan including being the first to hike both the Ironwood Trail and the Great Lake To Lake Trail. In 2017, I hiked the Israel National Trail and the Golan Heights Trail. I was the first to hike the Baja Divide Trail in Mexico but failed miserably to thru-hike the Bruce Trail in Canada. In 2019, I hiked the TEMBR in Ecuador and 1,150 miles of the North Country Trail as it runs through my home state of Michigan.

The purpose of this blog is to keep anyone who is interested informed of my progress and to encourage those who are able to support me in these endeavors.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Don't Waste Food


I've been asking everyone I know for help with this endeavor. The most direct way you can help (and get a shout out on this blog!) is to SEND FOOD.  Go through your cupboards.  Go through your pantry.  If you have ANY of the following items, even if it's just a small portion or it's kinda old, it will be consumed by me and used to power my body further north on the Trail!

Rice                    Protein Bars                 Ramen Noodles            Candy
Pasta                  Granola Bars                Olive Oil                        Tuna
Oatmeal              Any Kinda Bars!           Hot Sauce                     Nuts
Coffee                 Powdered Milk             Pop Tarts                      Tortillas
Cocoa Powder     Instant Potatoes          Peanut Butter               Raisins
Jerky                   Spices of ANY kinds     Velveeta                       Peanut M&Ms
Snickers              Vienna Sausages          Trail Mix of ANY kind   Dehydrated fruit

Partial bags, boxes, containers are all welcome.   
Contact my Hiker Resupply Co-ordinator-Martha Rogers- and she will work out with you how she can get it and then she will get it to me!   mrog12275@yahoo.com  or 313.646.0224.  My heartfelt thanks and empty stomach thank you!

I've already had great help from my sisters Carol and Patti, Susie and Drew, the Cassidys-John, Susie and Amelia, Todd MacIntosh and the Fraziers-Nancy and Phil!  Much thanks to all of you.



Peanut Butter and dehydrated apples!

3 comments:

Brian H. said...

I'll send you some Yum-Yum donuts and coffee. You'll have to find some grumpy old bastards to eat them with, though!

Suzanne Hollyer said...

I have some old mashed potatoes you can have, but I would feel less weird if I sent a little cash. Could you use it for anything on the trail?

Chris Hillier said...

Brian----There are no grumpy people on the trail. Send apple frtiiters or peanut BUtter!

Susie! Cash works! Get in touch with Martha and she will get it to me. Email: mrog12275@yahoo.com or mail it to 24329 Champaign Taylor, MI.
AND-THANK YOU VERY MUCH! (I'd take the potatoes, too!)