Wolverine Hikes

People who know me know that I belong on the Trail. I've thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail (three times, now),the Pacific Crest Trail and the mighty Continental Divide Trail. I've hiked many of the long trails here in Michigan including being the first to hike both the Ironwood Trail and the Great Lake To Lake Trail. In 2017, I hiked the Israel National Trail and the Golan Heights Trail. I was the first to hike the Baja Divide Trail in Mexico but failed miserably to thru-hike the Bruce Trail in Canada. In 2019, I hiked the TEMBR in Ecuador and 1,150 miles of the North Country Trail as it runs through my home state of Michigan.

The purpose of this blog is to keep anyone who is interested informed of my progress and to encourage those who are able to support me in these endeavors.

Monday, October 1, 2012

The Bravest Man I've Ever Met...


...is only 23 years old.  He is a teacher and a healer.  He is Andy Astro.













7 comments:

libby said...

Great pictures of the Goat Rocks.
Glad you made it across safely.

Bouncer's Mom

Sugarloafer said...

Hey Chris: Marilyn& I are again sitting next to the A.T. here at Sugarloaf watching your progress...keep up the good work & best of luck the rest of the way.Not far now!!!! Gord W.

Chris Hillier said...

Hey Gordon!
Maine is beautiful this time of year! So glad you guys keep in touch with me.
Wolverine

Chris Hillier said...

Thanks Libby! Where is Bouncer? I'm leaving Snoqualmie Pass tomorrow 10/5. Is he nearby?

Chris Hillier said...

Hey Gordon!
Maine is beautiful this time of year! So glad you guys keep in touch with me.
Wolverine

DEON said...

Touching story. So glad to meet both of you. Keep him safe out there!

Chris Hillier said...

Deon! What a pleasure to have met you! I have a great post about the fantastic dinner you provided for all the hikers - I'll put it up as soon as I have a chance. Thank you, again!