Wolverine Hikes

People who know me know that I belong on the Trail. I've thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail (three times, now),the Pacific Crest Trail and the mighty Continental Divide Trail. I've hiked many of the long trails here in Michigan including being the first to hike both the Ironwood Trail and the Great Lake To Lake Trail. In 2017, I hiked the Israel National Trail and the Golan Heights Trail. I was the first to hike the Baja Divide Trail in Mexico but failed miserably to thru-hike the Bruce Trail in Canada. In 2019, I hiked the TEMBR in Ecuador and 1,150 miles of the North Country Trail as it runs through my home state of Michigan.

The purpose of this blog is to keep anyone who is interested informed of my progress and to encourage those who are able to support me in these endeavors.

Monday, October 22, 2012

October 21, 2012

All is well!  I'm lovin life with Astro and his family as well as: Gourmet (congrats to him on his thru-hike), Dave and Karen and Deon. We're having a wonderful time here at the Manning Park Resort. Thanks so much to Michael and Betsy Gosselin for being so generous and such wonderful hosts.




8 comments:

Keith said...

Congrats Wolverine! Great job,
Keith (Kristo's Dad)

Marlyss said...

Hooray! Congratulations!

Brian H. said...

Awesome!!!

Chris Hillier said...

Thanks, Keith. The magic you guys put out was some of the sweetest on the trail. Thanks for helping me finish. Wolverine

Chris Hillier said...

Thanks Marlyss. You have been a huge support since the start of this thing and I really appreciate it. I would LOVE to get together with you, Susie, Drew and Traci Rink and her family to tell you all about it. I'm chillin in Vancouver, BC for a couple days and then I'll be back in Michigan on the 28th. Hope to see you soon - Wolverine

Chris Hillier said...

Yo Little Bro! I made it! Remember when u told me to "disregard all the negative thoughts and just go for it"? Good advice. Let's go see Clutch! I'll b the DD! Be home on the 28th. Can't wait to see u. Love u tonz - Wolverine

Anonymous said...

Congrats Wolverine! It was great to meet you at Manning! Nice blog by the way!
- Waldo

Chris Hillier said...

Hey Vit! The night you and Typo rolled in was awesome. So glad to see you both. The huge dinner and celebrating with Astro's family was great. Safe travels to you, Brother!