Wolverine Hikes

People who know me know that I belong on the Trail. I've thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail (three times, now),the Pacific Crest Trail and the mighty Continental Divide Trail. I've hiked many of the long trails here in Michigan including being the first to hike both the Ironwood Trail and the Great Lake To Lake Trail. In 2017, I hiked the Israel National Trail and the Golan Heights Trail. I was the first to hike the Baja Divide Trail in Mexico but failed miserably to thru-hike the Bruce Trail in Canada. In 2019, I hiked the TEMBR in Ecuador and 1,150 miles of the North Country Trail as it runs through my home state of Michigan.

The purpose of this blog is to keep anyone who is interested informed of my progress and to encourage those who are able to support me in these endeavors.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Noelle Mercado

I got a message Friday, 7-20-12 from my HRC, Martha, that I had gotten a box in the mail.  Addressed to me, C/O Martha.  She opened the box and it was full of hikin' love and supplies, tuna, trail bars, vitamin C tabs, hard candies, crackers n cheese...lots more and a book!  


This random box of off-trail magic was from Noelle Mercado.  I don't know Noelle, never met her.  She read my blog and was "inspired"!  She and her husband and kids do some hiking, rock climbing, but now are thinking about some longer distance hiking!  


That is AWESOME!
NOELLE--if you are out there, HUGE THANKS!  You ROCK!  Your kind words helped me continue to know why I'm out here doing this.  Good luck on your endeavors, keep Martha and me posted.


Check out HikerResupply on Facebook,  and please e-mail Martha so she can thank you, too. (mrog12275@yahoo.com)

3 comments:

NM said...

welcome. ;)
We are rooting for you!

@theorchardview said...

Thanks from all of us who are supporting Wolverines endeavor...

Chris Hillier said...

Hi Noelle!

Wolverine, here. When Martha told me about all the awesome supplies you sent, I was filled with gratitude. The kind of gratitude that makes you physically put your hand over your heart and bow your head. That kind of gratitude.

All I can say is that I hope someone does something kind for you like you have done for me.

Much Love -

Wolverine