Wolverine Hikes

People who know me know that I belong on the Trail. I've thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail (three times, now),the Pacific Crest Trail and the mighty Continental Divide Trail. I've hiked many of the long trails here in Michigan including being the first to hike both the Ironwood Trail and the Great Lake To Lake Trail. In 2017, I hiked the Israel National Trail and the Golan Heights Trail. I was the first to hike the Baja Divide Trail in Mexico but failed miserably to thru-hike the Bruce Trail in Canada. In 2019, I hiked the TEMBR in Ecuador and 1,150 miles of the North Country Trail as it runs through my home state of Michigan.

The purpose of this blog is to keep anyone who is interested informed of my progress and to encourage those who are able to support me in these endeavors.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Magic at Carson Pass

 Sometimes the best Trail Magic is unexpected Trail Magic. Coming down out of the woods to cross Highway 88, I saw a banner that said 'Welcome PCT Thru-Hikers'.  Turns out, my old friend Kristo (kristohikes.com) is from this area.  He and I have known each other since the Kickoff.  His generous family welcomed all the hikers with a huge spread of burgers, dogs, fresh fruit, cookies... everything.  Thanks to Kristo and his family!









4 comments:

Martha said...

I've read Kristo's blog!
What an excellent thing for a hiker's family to do. They know what hikers need.
Thanks Kristo and fam!

Suzanne Hollyer said...

Wow - it would be hard to turn down a burger after hiking all that way even as a vegetarian. I'll bet that food tasted awesome!

@theorchardview said...

we're glad you have good people along the trail @theorchardview...

kristo said...

wolverine it was well worth it!! So stoked to be near you and enjoy hiking with you, always good company!!