Wolverine Hikes

People who know me know that I belong on the Trail. I've thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail (three times, now),the Pacific Crest Trail and the mighty Continental Divide Trail. I've hiked many of the long trails here in Michigan including being the first to hike both the Ironwood Trail and the Great Lake To Lake Trail. In 2017, I hiked the Israel National Trail and the Golan Heights Trail. I was the first to hike the Baja Divide Trail in Mexico but failed miserably to thru-hike the Bruce Trail in Canada. In 2019, I hiked the TEMBR in Ecuador and 1,150 miles of the North Country Trail as it runs through my home state of Michigan.

The purpose of this blog is to keep anyone who is interested informed of my progress and to encourage those who are able to support me in these endeavors.

Monday, July 2, 2012

End of June

Dear friends, family and followers.
I have been in very remote areas lately.  On June 20th, I was in Independence, CA and sitting in a Subway.  I wrote about 5 e-mails, sent blog posts and pictures and the wi-fi died.  I have no idea what happened to the e-mails or posts.  
I'm real sorry to have been out of touch, but that's what this trail gives.  
Please know that I think about you, send my thanks and love to you all and will send updates when I can.
I hit Mammoth, CA on June 29.  It was a sweet little town.  Picked up resupply, sent some mail and pics and moved on.  Next up is Yosemite Nat'l Park, the 1000 mile point and Bridgeport--next stop.
All is well.  I feel GREAT and am loving every minute and step of this hike.
Here are a few pics to enjoy.




























1 comment:

Martha said...

Nice pics! I like so many of them. Love the one tent all by itself. Sorta sums it up, huh? I like the guy with the guitar. You'll have to tell me about him. And the one of your face...I know I sent sunscreen! Your nose looks very very red and sore!
You are doing an amazing hike! keep up the good work. Miss you!