Wolverine Hikes

People who know me know that I belong on the Trail. I've thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail (three times, now),the Pacific Crest Trail and the mighty Continental Divide Trail. I've hiked many of the long trails here in Michigan including being the first to hike both the Ironwood Trail and the Great Lake To Lake Trail. In 2017, I hiked the Israel National Trail and the Golan Heights Trail. I was the first to hike the Baja Divide Trail in Mexico but failed miserably to thru-hike the Bruce Trail in Canada. In 2019, I hiked the TEMBR in Ecuador and 1,150 miles of the North Country Trail as it runs through my home state of Michigan.

The purpose of this blog is to keep anyone who is interested informed of my progress and to encourage those who are able to support me in these endeavors.

Monday, August 27, 2012

The Oregon Border!

Finally made it to PCT mile 1699 - the Oregon/California border.  Found some sweet trail magic from Flag Man (Col Fuller, US Army Ret). 

Celebrated with Dancing Feet and Not So Bad, Brian, 
Straw and Willy.  I know it's boring to post about mileage but I've hit some important landmarks: Mile 1700 and my 4 month anniversary out here. 

Sweet trail lately.  Compact earth softened by pine needles.  Smoky purple mountains in the distance, deer and bow hunters everywhere, bushes full of blackberries, bright orange and yellow warblers, cold, clean water right out of the ground, dirty hippies and 100 feet pine trees!

  Wish me luck!









3 comments:

libby said...

So how did we miss you? We were in Seiad Valley on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
Border crossing on Sunday night.
Saw your name in the register at the store but not at the border. Did run into Neon, OnaMove, Typo, Astro, Listener, Gonzo, Safari, I'm Fine Fire(?), Yeti, Old Yeller, Flatlander, Flower and Storytime as well as the Canadians. Was expecting to see you again. AsULike calls you the "Nicerine". Check out Paul's PCT hike for the pictures of Bouncer and AsuLike as they cross into Oregon. It was a celebration. Hope we run into you again soon.
Libby

Patti Albers Hillier said...

I love this pic Chris! What an accomplishment hiking the whole length of CA...safe travels Bro!

Martha said...

I agree Patti--Heading for Oregon. Wish you were smiling, tho, Chris!!!