Wolverine Hikes

People who know me know that I belong on the Trail. I've thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail (three times, now),the Pacific Crest Trail and the mighty Continental Divide Trail. I've hiked many of the long trails here in Michigan including being the first to hike both the Ironwood Trail and the Great Lake To Lake Trail. In 2017, I hiked the Israel National Trail and the Golan Heights Trail. I was the first to hike the Baja Divide Trail in Mexico but failed miserably to thru-hike the Bruce Trail in Canada. In 2019, I hiked the TEMBR in Ecuador and 1,150 miles of the North Country Trail as it runs through my home state of Michigan.

The purpose of this blog is to keep anyone who is interested informed of my progress and to encourage those who are able to support me in these endeavors.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Re-Supply

Finally got my re-supply box from the post office here in Chester.  So much love!  I couldn't believe all the goodies from Moosejaw (including a new pair of Smartwool socks) and my friends the Cassidys. My sisters Carol and Patti added some of the basics that I need every day. All this love gets sent to Camp Champaign where my housemates (and best friends) Martha and Sandy carefully sort and re-pack everything hiker-style and get it to the post office.  That's a lot of people contributing, helping, spending money and taking time to help me move north on this trail.  I need each of you to know that I appreciate all of it.

2 comments:

Martha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wolverine,
I love the blogs you write about your adventures on the trail. What a book that could be! But most of all, since you haven't blogged about it yet, is that YOU ARE OVER HALF-WAY ACROSS THE TRAIL!! There is now less in front of you than what is behind you! Awesome Job Chris!! What an inspiration!