Wolverine Hikes

People who know me know that I belong on the Trail. I've thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail (three times, now),the Pacific Crest Trail and the mighty Continental Divide Trail. I've hiked many of the long trails here in Michigan including being the first to hike both the Ironwood Trail and the Great Lake To Lake Trail. In 2017, I hiked the Israel National Trail and the Golan Heights Trail. I was the first to hike the Baja Divide Trail in Mexico but failed miserably to thru-hike the Bruce Trail in Canada. In 2019, I hiked the TEMBR in Ecuador and 1,150 miles of the North Country Trail as it runs through my home state of Michigan.

The purpose of this blog is to keep anyone who is interested informed of my progress and to encourage those who are able to support me in these endeavors.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Northern Oregon

I'm currently at mile 2001!!! Hit the 2000 mile mark just north of Bend and picked up my re-supply at a camp that offers free showers and laundry both of which I REALLY needed!
Everything is well.  I feel good, gear is good.  I found a sweet soft shell jacket on the trail.  It's a Sno-Life brand (look it up).   I was just about to send for my Columbia Fleece, but this is better! Trail magic comes in many forms.
Here's some pics from the last miles.








2 comments:

Martha said...

Great shots, Chris!
I love the one with the sun spots. And your beard looks a lot like that pine bough!
2000 miles, huh! Fantastic. Keep kicking that trail's ass.
Stay well and safe.

Brian H. said...

Wow! You are killing it!